In gratitude to Erica Heard, an accomplished writer living in New Jersey with published poetry and plays among her impressive resume. Recently, she most generously nominated my blog for the prestigious Leibster Award. With loving thanks to you, Erica!
Erica’s blog is entitled Suburban Hobo, and as it might suggest, she sometimes lives and writes in the form of a free spirit having once lived in Hollywood! Please visit her at http://suburbanhobo.com/
The Rules for this Award are as Follows:
- Thank and link the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate approximately ten other bloggers you admire.
- Create ten new questions for the nominees to answer.
- Notify all nominees of their nomination.
Questions for Me to Answer
- What is your favorite day of the week? Saturday-No plans!
- If you could live in another era or country, what would it be? The 18th Century. Romance, beautiful clothing, together with hours of reading poetry!
- Who is your best friend (human or non-human)? I have a few very close friends who are all considered to be “best friends.”
- The mountains or the beach? Beach.
- If you could have a different job (profession) what would it be? An actress or a movie critic.
- What are a few of your favorite films? Dead Poet’s Society, Funny Girl, A Beautiful Mind, Working Girl, Million Dollar Baby, One Flew over the Cuckoo’s Nest, Ordinary People and West Side Story.
- Who is one of your heroes/heroines (living or deceased)? My eldest son, Jayson for reasons most of you know.
- Do you speak more than one language? No.
- Name some of your favorite books and/or authors. The Year of Living Dangerously by Joan Didion, About Alice by Calvin Trillin, The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls, Not My Father’s Son by Alan Cumming, A Beautiful Mind by Sylvia Nasar, Watch Me by Angelica Huston and anything written by the late Dominick Dunne.
- Future Hope and/or Aspiration or Goal (s)? To keep writing and get something published before the year’s end. To stay healthy in order to see my grandchildren giggle while growing older. To be alive when there is a major breakthrough in diabetes research, hopefully a cure.
Questions for the Nominees
Were you raised in a big family or a small family?
Any regrets in life?
What is your favorite television show?
How long do you wish to live?
Cooking at home or dining in a restaurant?
Dogs or cats?
House, apartment or condo?
What do you consider to be your best asset?
*Congratulations to all nominees together with every hardworking, imaginative blogger here on WordPress! To those who do not accept awards, I understand completely. If accepting, please feel free to take your time. Thank you for reading with wishes to all for a wonderful new week. 🙂