Months have gone by since I was generously nominated by the dear Lorrie Bowden for The Versatile Blogger Award. It looked somewhat different than I had seen before with a beautiful red flower against the bright backdrop of green. How lucky I am, to be honored by Lorrie!
I had every heartfelt intention of accepting this lovely award long ago. Within days of receiving it however, my bowl of life began to overflow with commitments. Lorrie understood, telling me to, “Take my time.” No matter now many days passed, her kind heart full of love and appreciation was never far from my mind.
I am most grateful to accept this terrific award from Lorrie, a special person to many here at WordPress. If you haven’t had the chance to get to know her, please visit her beautiful blog at, http://lorriebowden.com/.
The rules of acceptance for this award are to share 7 interesting facts about yourself in addition to nominating 15 other bloggers for this award.
My best attempt at Seven “Interesting Facts”
- My first name is not Kimberly. Whenever I’m asked, “Is your name, Kimberly?” My answer is inevitably the same. “No, it’s just Kim.”
- My favorite children’s book is “Charlotte’s Web,” by E. B. White. I still read it to this day, sobbing uncontrollably at the loss of Wilber’s beloved and faithful friend, Charlotte.
- When I was expecting my first child I craved Banana Splits, gaining 52 pounds over the course of nine months. Before my last son was born, Grapefruits never left my mind or mouth. I had to have them morning, noon and night. During that time I gained 53 pounds. Go figure!
- I’ve never been much of an athlete, choosing “Bicycling” to fill a requirement for a P.E. college class. So sad…
- As a young mother, I always hoped to someday have a daughter. I never dreamed of having four grand-daughters. Miracles do happen!
- If I could choose one author to have lunch with living or dead, it would be, Dominick Dunne. I’ve read every book he ever wrote and couldn’t wait for Vanity Fair to arrive in my mailbox, flipping pages to find his column. Although worlds apart, I always felt a special connection to him. Several of his books are signed First Edition copies sitting on a prized wooden shelf in my library. Such a fascinating time it would have been to sit with him in a New Your cafe, gossiping about people and places, life or anything at all in the world. Oh, how I would have loved it!!
- Long ago I wanted to be an actress. How ironic, for if I had been an actress perhaps I’d be reading another author’s words today, rather than writing my own.
The Fifteen Bloggers Nominated for The Most Versatile Blogger Award:
*If you are an “Award Free Blog” or do not have time to accept please know that I understand. Your work is always very much appreciated.