Together, let’s speak for little voices who are silenced by brainwashing or fear. Believe in what you see or feel, the goosebumps prickling at the back of your neck together with the inner instincts gnawing in the pit of your stomach. When something does not appear quite right there is usually a reason. Do not be afraid to make an anonymous telephone call to Child Protective Services or to the Police.
Save a child today.
Boz Tchividjian – a former child abuse chief prosecutor and the founder/director of GRACE – expounds upon five of the most common characteristics of child predators (linked above):
1. Offenders may have many victims.
2. Offenders can be the most unsuspected people.
3. Offenders are not strangers.
4. Offenders often prey upon trusting and vulnerable young people.
5. Offenders minimize their criminal actions [i.e. victimize themselves].
For more from Boz Tchividjian, read “7 Ways to Welcome Abuse Survivors in Our Churches”